Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Clyde Birthday ~ Card For A Boy

Bugaboo is celebrating 5 years and there is a big party happening over at Catch The Bug Challenge Blog.  This is my card for day 3 (Monday).  The challenge is to take inspiration from the following photo. So what inspiration did I take from this gorgeous cake? Well..... first I decided to pull colors from the image.... I used blue, lime green and white for my main colors and in my image I used red, blue, lime green and purple.  My second choice of inspiration was the red balloon that Clyde is holding.... in the inspiration photo both the clown and the elephant are holding a red balloon.


Here is my card......


To create this card I started with a blue card base and added a piece of white card stock that I embossed using a Cuttlebug dot embossing folder and backed in lime green card stock.  I colored the image using Spectrum Noir pens and backed it in both lime green and blue card stock.  I stamped my sentiment onto white card stock and punched it out using a real estate sign punch from EK Success.  I also backed that in lime green and blue. I also added dots under the "Happy Birthday!" using Spectrum Noir pens.

I am entering this card into the following challenges:

Catch The Bug: Birthday Bash Day 3 - Photo Inspiration

Send A Smile 4 Kids: Anything Goes

Scrap and Craft: Anything Goes

Wags N Whiskers: Anything Goes

Kit and Clowder: Anything Goes

Spectrum Noir: Anything Goes

Inspiration Destination: Anything Goes

Sister Act Card Challenges: Anything Goes

A Gem Of A Challenge: Birthday Card For A Boy

Little Miss Muffet: Anything Goes


Image
Bugaboo Stamps Digital Stamp - Clyde Birthday

Sentiment
Stampendous Birthday Wish Rubber Stamp Set

Paper
DCWV Creamy Card Stock Stack - Blue
DCWV Creamy Card Stock Stack - Lime Green
White Card Stock

Tools
Cuttlebug
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder - Dots
EK Success Real Estate Sign Punch

Coloring Tools
Spectrum Noir Pens
BT7, CG2, CG1, DR3, TN2, LV3, PP1



4 comments:

Nathalie said...

So cute card. I love your dragon. Thanks for playing with us at Little Miss Muffet challenge.
Nathalie DT

Sue said...

Fabulous card, I love the image and wonderful colouring.
Thank you for taking part in A Gem of a Challenge.
Sue xx

Kathy S said...

I just love cartoon dragons, not sure why, but they are so darn cute. Love the double matting and the colors too. So great with the embossing. Great card. Thanks for sharing this with us at Send a Smile 4 Kids!

Lady E said...

Absolutely stunning card! Beautiful colors :) Thank you for sharing with us at Scrap & Craft and Good Luck!
Lady E Scrap & Craft DT
www.scrapartbyladye.blogspot.co.uk