Monday, March 4, 2013

Edwin's Bike

I created this birthday card using Edwin With Bike from Magnolia.  The color combo that I choose was lime green, vibrant blue and kraft.


I used sketch #34 from Papertake Weekly's sketchy free for all challenge. As you can see I decided to rotate the sketch.


I started with a 5x5 kraft card base. I added a piece of vibrant blue card stock cut just a little smaller than the base.  I cut a piece of lime green card stock and a smaller piece of plaid card stock and added it to a piece of kraft card stock. Then I added a thin strip of kraft card stock between them.  I colored the image using Spectrum Noir pens. I stamped the sentiment on white card stock. I backed both the image and the sentiment in vibrant blue and then again in kraft.  I added 3 blue star buttons and 2 lime green star buttons down the strip of kraft card stock.

Here is the finished inside of the card.....


I am also entering this card into the following challenges:

A Gem Of A Challenge: Button It

Simon Says Stamp: Anything Goes

Dutch Dare: For The Boys

Magnolialicious & Wee Stamps Challenge: All About Boys

Craft Us Crazy: Anything Goes

7 Kids College Fund: Anything Goes

Simply Magnolia: Anything Goes


Card Ingredients
Magnolia Edwin With Bike Rubber Stamp
Fiskars All Year Greetings Rubber Stamp Set
Nicole Crafts Kraft Card Stock
White Card Stock
Bazzill Basics Vibrant Blue Card Stock
DCWV The Blossom Song Card Stock Stack ~ Plaid
DCWV The Blossom Song Card Stock Stack ~ Lime Green
Blue Star Buttons
Lime Green Star Buttons
Spectrum Noir Pens ~ GB10, GB8, CG1, CG2, TB3, TB5, EB1, EB2

5 comments:

Shea said...

GREAT take on that sketch, and the star buttons are perfect for this card! Thanks so much for joining us at AGOAC this week!

Marijke said...

Very nice card with lovely happy colours. I adore the lime colour. thnaks for sharing it with the DDCC challenge. Love Marijke

debby4000 said...

Love your fabulous Edwin card.

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp challenge.

luv
Debby

Unknown said...

Great card. Love the sketch and color combo. Thanks for joining us at the Dutch Dare.

Patti Jo said...

Such a cute card! Love the buttons and design. Great boy card! Thanks for joining the challenge at Magnolia-licious and Wee Stamps Challenge blog!